09 February, 2014
Posted by IN SEARCH OF FATHERHOOD(R) at 11:07 AM
03 February, 2014
Diane A. Sears
International Men’s Day Coordinator – United States
Chair, USA 2012-2022 International Men’s Day Ten Year Plan
Member, International Men’s Day Coordination Committee
Posted by IN SEARCH OF FATHERHOOD(R) at 4:52 PM
05 December, 2013
Posted by IN SEARCH OF FATHERHOOD(R) at 6:55 PM
25 November, 2013
18 November, 2013
NATIONAL TELEPHONE CONFERENCE TO EXPLORE “ROLE OF FATHERS IN CHILDREN’S EDUCATION” HOSTED BY THE PEOPLES UNIFIED RESOURCE CENTER AND TRI-STATE (USA) INTERNATIONAL MEN’S DAY COORDINATOR REVEREND ANTHONY L. STEVENSON, SR., MFT, ON 19 NOVEMBER 2013
Posted by IN SEARCH OF FATHERHOOD(R) at 3:21 PM
11 November, 2013
- The Commission on the White House Council on Boys and Men created in 2010 by globally acclaimed Thought Leader on Fatherhood and Men's Issues Warren Farrell, Ph.D. is calling for the creation of a White House Council on Boys and Men which would move to the national stage for resolution, the key challenges that Boys struggle with which prevent them from reaching their full potential and maturing into purpose driven, productive and successful adults. These challenges are education, emotional health, Father involvement, physical health, and work.
- Male Parenting Programs that educate boys and young adolescent males who are not Fathers as well as expectant fathers on their parental roles and responsibilities (e.g., changing diapers, feeding, what infants and children need -- e.g., nurturing, mentoring, bonding, etc., types of effective discipline based on age of child, etc.).
- Reduce by 50%, homelessness among veterans/military personnel
Posted by IN SEARCH OF FATHERHOOD(R) at 3:48 PM
- IN SEARCH OF FATHERHOOD(R)
- IN SEARCH OF FATHERHOOD(R) resurrects the vision and perpetuates the legacy of the late L.T. Henry who saw the need for an Interactive Forum for Fathers which would help them address their unique parenting needs. During his lifetime, Mr. Henry was an author, photojournalist, sales and success motivation trainer, and a classically trained jazz musician who performed briefly with The Philadelphia Orchestra and was the former drummer for internationally acclaimed songstress and film and television actress Ms. Della Reese. The perpetuation of Mr. Henry's legacy and contributions to the Global Fatherhood Movement also takes the form of a book -- IN SEARCH OF FATHERHOOD(R)--TRANSCENDING BOUNDARIES, edited and authored by D.A.Sears, United States Coordinator - International Men's Day; Chair, USA 2012-2022 International Men's Day Ten Year Plan Committee; member, International Men's Day Coordination Committee; member of the University Council on Fatherhood and Men's Studies Program at Akamai University in Hilo, Hawaii; and member of The Boys Initiative National Affinity Network headquartered in Washington, D.C. (USA).