02 May, 2011
The International Men's Day Coordination Committee is pleased to announce that Mr. Michael Rivers has accepted its invitation to become the Delaware (USA) Regional Coordinator for 2011 International Men's Day which will be observed on Saturday, 19 November 2011 in over 50 nations throughout our global village under the theme "Giving Boys The Best Possible Start In Life". Founded in 1999 by Dr. Jerome Teelucksingh, International Men's Day celebrates and honors the sacrifices and contributions that Men make to our families, our communities, and our world. International Men's Day (www.international-mens-day.com), a worldwide observance that resonates with Men and Women, shares a 48-hour partnership with Universal Children's Day which is celebrated on 20 November of each year and is endorsed by the United Nations.
Global and Regional Coordinators for International Men's Day have identified five key challenges for focusing the collective minds of people who want to take action and give boys the best possible start in life. These five key challenges are:
• HEALTH AND LIFE EXPECTANCY: Why are boys around the world more likely to die before the age of five and why do boys in every continent look forward to a much shorter life than girls? What are the reasons for boy’s higher likelihood of suicide? What action can we take to give boys the best possible start in life and help them live longer, happier, healthier lives?
• EDUCATIONAL FOCUS: Why are boys in richer countries underperforming girls and also less likely to be in education, and why are tens of millions of boys in poorer countries still not completing a primary education? How can we address truancy, and poor literacy rates which leave boys prone to adult unemployment, substance abuse, obesity, depression, and poverty? What action can we take to focus on boys’ education in way that gives them the best possible start in life and closes the gaps between girls and boys and rich boys and poor boys?
• TOLERANCE OF VIOLENCE: Why are we so tolerant of violence and abuse against men and boys and why do we still tolerate a world where we send boys to fight the wars among adults? What actions can we take to help boys’ grow up free from violence and challenge our collective tolerance and support of violence against men and boys?
• RIGHTS TO FATHERHOOD: How can we give boys a right to family life that gives them an equal opportunity to know and experience both their father and mother and ensure that their role as a future father is equal to a girls role as future mother. What actions can we take to give every boy an equal right to fatherhood?
• REAL LIFE CHOICES: How can we make sure that every boy has opportunities to make a range of positive life choices in terms of work, family and leisure and reduce the number of boys whose life choices are limited and end up poor, illiterate, unemployed, homeless, imprisoned and isolated? What action can we make to help every boy get the best possible start in life and make a positive transition form boy to man that makes the world a better place for everyone?
Organizations and individuals in the State of Delaware interested in observing International Men's Day, should contact Mr. Michael Rivers via e-mail at: email@example.com. For further information about International Men's Day, visit its website at www.international-mens-day.com.
at May 02, 2011
BLUEPRINT FOR REINVENTING YOURSELF AND LIVING A BETTER AND SUCCESSFUL LIFE: "ANAM CARA: YOUR SOUL FRIEND AND BRIDGE TO ENLIGHTENMENT AND CREATIVITY"
In many ways and for many reasons we live in a world that is enveloped in a cloud of uncertainty. How do you navigate a world that is i...
CONTACT: Diane A. Sears, Publicist 267-581-3953 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org NEW YORK, NY (USA) – Life is...
“Anam Cara” is derived from the Gaelic language. “Anam” is the Gaelic word for “soul” and “Cara” is the Gaelic word fo...
GLENVILLE ASHBY, Ph.D., EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE THOUGHT LEADER, LIFE COACH, AND PROLIFIC AUTHOR PENS HIGHLY ACCLAIMED BLUEPRINT FOR EMPOWERMENT AND HEALINGCONTACT: Diane A. Sears, Publicist 267-581-3963 E-Mail: email@example.com NE...